7 Quick And Inexpensive Yard Ideas To Make Your Home Sell
Whether you are trying to make your home more appealing to potential buyers or you just want to enhance the look of your yard, these 7 ideas are sure to be easy and cheap. If you have a couple days to spare, read on and spruce up.
1. Every home needs a focal point, and nothing works better than your front door for this job. A fresh coat of paint works wonders, and a color change can improve the looks of your entire home. Red shades are eye-catching, but greens and blues are on trend. Before replacing the door hardware, update it, along with the light fixture.
2. Lots of homeowners forget all about the item that is sitting right on the curb for potential home buyers to see: the mailbox. A new box may be needed, and some fresh plantings around that box relay "welcome." Remember to keep plants low and out of the mail carrier's way.
3. The path to and around your front door is an important and often-viewed area, so make the most of it with groupings of plants in a variety of pot sizes. While the look of terracotta is classic, new versions are actually made of plastic and are a lot lighter weight. Best of all, they look just like the real thing. Tip: an odd number of pots looks best; for example, use 3 or 7 pots.
4. If it's been awhile since you have done so, your home may need a good washing down. Power washers are convenient and easy to use, but can be expensive to purchase. Instead, try renting one for the day and get your home sparkling clean in no time. Be sure to be careful—those washers can be surprisingly powerful and can remove paint and damage your landscaping.
5. Dreams of having a home with a white picket fence are common among home buyers, so fulfill this dream with new plastic resin fencing pieces that are inexpensive, low maintenance, and easy to install. Whether you enclose the entire yard or just parts of it, fencing gives your home a cozy, appealing look. Arbors and archways are available in the same material for your front walk entrance.
6. Add a little seating near your front door by placing a bench or some chairs there. Pillows made of special outdoor-ready fabrics can brighten up this seating area, and some colorful potted flowers work well there as well.
7. If your shutters need replacing or if you want to add some shutters, this task can be completed fairly quickly if you stick to just the ground floor.
For more ideas to add curb appeal, consult with your real estate agent.